Monday, June 24, 2013

Woop, Dublin Style





The whole group by the Trinity College quad archway!
"These are your best friends, you just haven't met yet!"
This is so true! Dermott knows what he is talking about.

Well officially loving every single minute of this trip. The people I've met in my group are incredible and the locals I've met are truly savage. (Which I learned means, cool.)

As we broke off into groups after a small walking tour myself and several others decided to walk to the Medieval Catholic Church down the Liffey River. As we had our maps out a man named, Dr. John from Tanzania, decided to help us. Apparently we looked helpless. 

It ended up to be a good laugh a great way to get to know the city from a local's perspective. Plus, it goes to show you that anyone who lives in Ireland is a total sweet heart!

Dublin is a beautiful city with so much life and vigor inside all of the locals! I just can't believe it! 


This is me on a designated pedestrian street which is SO common
that I sometimes forget people drive. Until you're almost run over
again and again. They drive bloody mad here!



Guinness storehouse. 




Yeah, this really happened. Yes, I did drink some Guinness. No I did not like it. Sorry Ireland!



Kaylene, Grace, Elissa, Sarah, Michelle, Erin, Me, and Rachel grabbin' a brew at a local pub in Dublin on a Sunday evening. It's crazy because here in Ireland it is not looked at as drinking - it's a social gathering with refreshments! They literally take the glasses into the streets and around and drop it back off. 

One of my many field trips with the University is back to Dublin for a day! Actually, it's next Saturday! We are going to see The Book of Kells, National Art Museum, and other goodies. 






So long DUBLIN! A beautiful view from the top of the Guinness pint shaped museum! 

Overall, I loved Dublin the sounds, smells, friendliness, and just overall incredible views. 


OFF TO GALWAY!!


“There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment