Tuesday, June 25, 2013

home sweet home

After much confusion — finally settled into my room!

Kate Turner
Gort na Coiribe, Apt 73
Headford Rd
Galway, Ireland

That's my address! I live in Ireland. When I'm done for the day I go home - to an apartment - with 4 strangers - in Ireland. THIS IS THE LIFE! We're all pretty different people, but my actual roommate is awesome. We've got similar music taste, people creeping skills, and are stoked about being in Ireland.

Here are a couple shots of what our housing looks like! It's 3 floors, I live on the second with Kelli in a two-man room! Then there are three singles - one on second and two on third! There is a bathroom on all three floors. The main floor is the kitchen/living room. It's a pretty sweet crib.







I'm not the cleanest roommate.              But I'm trying!
We began by grocery shopping. Picture the Mall of America overwhelming, plus a language barrier kind of struggle. I had my basket and a jar of Nutella. That's all I could handle on my own! Eventually a couple of the girls and I worked together. I now have luncheon meat, good cheese, bread, lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, pasta, pasta sauce, and Diet Coke. All for under 20E. Boom Dunnes Store!

Later that evening we went to grab dinner and ended up getting a frozen pizza for all of us to share! We put it in the oven double checked we were working in *C ... we were golden. That's the color of the pizza we wanted until for some reason it turn black. Just the top! But due to the fact we're poor college kids in a foreign country, we ate it. 

First meal in Galway that we made ourselves!!

One last trip to Dunnes Store for the day and Rachel decides to run into the side door. Too bad it was the Emergency exit in Irish! Alarms went off throughout the store and the Americans were left to blame. 

I'm beyond loving every second of it. Rachel, Sarah, and Courtney are great girls and I'm glad that I have these Ya-hoos to take some crazy adventures with! We're going to go to Cork sometime soon and kiss the blarney stone and we're working on the Bruce Springsteen concert in Limerick. 

Tommorrow is my first day on campus and my grand tour of Galway! 

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”

1 comment: