Friday, June 21, 2013

Final countdown:

While the bags are still slightly unpacked, I think I'm finally ready to go! All that is left is some bathroom necessities and chargers. My cousin previously has studied abroad and she let me borrow her track phone. You should see this thing!! It's approximately the size of my index fingers and the width of about two fingers.

After a slight panic this morning of whether or not I needed my own linens was solved it's just a waiting game now. To be honest — I keep reading the packets over and over again. I want to make sure I'm fully prepared for what is about to come. Never having travelled alone the only part making me even slightly nervous is going through customs alone and making sure I am where I need to be.

For now I'm anxiously awaiting the flight and my lovely, little layover in Chicago. Tonight my family decided to go out to dinner and come home and have ice cream and watch a movie. My mother really wanted me to watch Taken or Taken 2 but I shot both suggestions down after some debate. My mom said yesterday, "I keep packing my kids up to go places but I will stay home. At least some of my clothes are getting to go abroad." Which is true, I did borrow a couple shirts to take with me.

I can't keep thinking about how truly blessed I am and how this is an opportunity of a lifetime.

"Blessed are we who believe in the greater adventures yet to be dreamt."


No comments:

Post a Comment