Sunday, July 14, 2013

It's like riding a bike

But not really.

Normally I'd be riding my trike around the hood or in grand old Verm, South Dakota but not this time.

We travelled across the Galway Bay to the Aran Islands just off the West coast of Ireland. The ferry was a short 45 minutes of a little rocking, but the view the entire way was worth it.

As we unloaded onto the island we were sent to pick out our bike. No joke. I found one small enough for me to climb aboard and took off down the road.

First thing, was up hill. But the views along the way were of Galway Bay, Connemara, Cliffs of Moher, and just out into the Atlantic Ocean. It was an opportunity that doesn't arise often.





A quick back dive 700m over the edge.


Natural pool! There is water directly through there, Red
Bull uses this in there promotional tactics. That would
be beyond terrifying!


13 miles later #ChampStatus

I couldn't have asked for better weather or a better crew to bike with. 

This was surely one of the best things that I did while in Ireland. 

Galway Arts Festival starts soon. I'm SO stoked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment